Friday 29 July 2011

Reptiles Love Basketball Too

Today, I decided it was a good day to shoot some hoops with a couple of my cousins on the net in front of my house. It was a little humid today but Toronto's weather doesn't ever seem to be a perfect type of weather anyways. Sadly, the handle to adjusting the height of the basketball net mysteriously broke(thanks Ian) and we were left with a rope to hold the net up. Even more sad, I don't even know how to tie the rope to make sure the net stays up....So, I was playing on the shortest height the net could possibly be but still found a way to have fun. I felt like a young Vince Carter dunking left and right. I almost pulled off a windmill 360! No, just kidding..but a boy can dream right?! My jumper also felt so good today that I was knocking down shots from everywhere much like how Dirk Nowitzki was againsnt the Miami Heat! Haha, YES, I pulled out the Anti-Heat comment. I really dislike them. Except Joel Anthony. He seems like a nice dude.
Anywho, getting off topic here.... Oh yes, so as I was resting after a long day of shooting on a 7 and a 1/2 foot net, one of my cousins spotted a strange looking worm beside the sewer. We decided to investigate and then realized that it was a snake! Honestly, it was a bit terrifying. I was pretty scared because I just had that gut feeling that it was going to jump and bite my nose off or something but luckily, it just stayed put. I didn't see a snake around my  neighbourhood my whole life. It was actually pretty strange. Did it come from the sewer? I have no idea. Can snakes even climb up the sewer? Again, I have no idea. It baffles me though. We then continued onward with our game and then we decided to look at the snake one last time before going inside for the Blue Jays game. Mysteriously, the snake vanished! My reaction was that I was scared because I did not want to find that snake anywhere the next time I go outside. Could it have went into the sewer? Is it lurking in the grass? I'm pretty clueless when it comes to snakes aren't I?
This is the critter that interrupted my wannabe Vince Carter and Dirk moments. It looks pretty big doesn't it? Well, I zoomed in! Yup. I guess reptiles love basketball too! I think everyone does!

Anywho, this is Julius and this is what you've found in your Sports Locker! Thanks for caring! :)

1 comment: