Tuesday 23 August 2011

Better or Worse?

The Jays pulled off a trade today with the Diamondbacks that included a pair of infielders. John McDonald and Aaron Hill were sent to Arizona for fellow second baseman, Kelly Johnson. Honestly, this might just be the worst trade Alex Anthopoulos has ever made. Yeah, I know Aaron Hill hasn't been doing anything lately and McDonald is just a filler on random days but Kelly Johnson hasn't been showing any signs of life either! Johnson does have a good burst with his bat as he has 18 home runs but he has a .209 average. You could also throw in the argument that Aaron Hill is only hitting .225 this year but to me, I just can't see the upgrade in acquiring  Johnson. Aaron Hill has the potential to hit as much, if not more, home runs than Kelly but I guess potential can only take a player so far. And to Johnny Mac, i'm actually sad that he got traded. He is a reliable player and was a phenomenal defender. His services will be missed dearly. I might be kind of biased to this trade because Hill and McDonald have been on the roster for so long. I don't really know. Did the Jays get better or worse? I know the Diamondbacks did. Hopefully Johnson creates some magic and help this Blue Jay team reach the top.

Anywho, this is Julius and this is what you've found in your Sports Locker! Thanks for caring! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment