Thursday 29 September 2011

NBA 2k12

As we're still waiting for this dreaded NBA lockout to finally end, we can at least look forward to the releasing of the new NBA 2k12 right? I'm usually super amped to buy NBA 2k every year but this year is a different story. 2k did add some neat features with all the different legends branching off the idea from last year's MJ challenge. I do play those time to time but I'm more of an association and online mode player. And that being said, I do care about the ratings of the different players around the league. It's actually such a disappointment. I don't know what they base these ratings on but its horrible. Most players are either really overrated or extremely underrated.

Some notable overrated players
- Corey Maggette(CHA - SF) (74) : I don't think he deserves a 74 personally. He didn't have a great season and it was filled with nagging injuries. An average of 12.0 ppg and 3.6 rpg is not 74 worthy. I'll say 71. It is only a few more digits below but hey, it makes a difference.
- Delonte West(BOS - G)(69) : Really? This man is rated as good as Derozan? An average of 5.6 points and 2.7 assists is a person who should be in the low 60's. He even had a bad year before this year. How is he rated this high? Yeah, a 69 isn't high....but it is for a guy like West.
- Marcus Thornton(SAC-SG)(74) : I do like Marcus Thornton in both the game and in reality but a 74 may be a little too high for this young guard. Yeah, he's a dynamic scorer who has unlimited range but other than that, he can't do much else. If 2k puts a higher emphasis on scoring and shooting then I wouldn't argue about this one.
- Shannon Brown(LAL-SG)(72) : He's a great boost off the bench but a 72 for an energy guy seems like too much right? Every other energy guy seems to be in the 60s... Why does he get it different? I don't know. He's exciting I guess.
- Matt Barnes(LAL-SF)(71) : A little too high for him. He didn't even have that great of a season but he can play defense so I guess this is why he's at this rating.
- Quentin Richardson (ORL)(71) - A shooter. He averaged 4.4 points this past year and he's still rated this high. 71.....for QRich. He's done.
- Paul George(IND-SF,SG)(74) - As much as I like George, I can't rate him this high after just one mediocre season. He did have an ok rookie year and he did show flashes of greatness but it wasn't enough to earn him a 74. He only showed up in the second half of the season. I'd say a 70 at best.
There are WAY more but yeah....

Some underrated players include Derozan, Bargnani, and Nowitzki. These are just some that I think are horribly underrated. Demar Derozan is a 69....that's so harsh. He can't even believe it. I remember him tweeting @2k about it. It's an insult. He averaged 17.2 points and has developed nicely in every aspect of his game. His only clear flaw is his three point shooting. He has opened a lot of people's eyes this past season and he should have been recognized. Even by a game. Bargnani at 68 is just heartbreaking. He averaged 22 points, over 5 boards and a block per game. You might say,"Ew, a big man only grabbing 5 rebounds?" But, he's scoring over 20 points a game. That has to at least give him a nod on some more rating points! How can the likes of Humphries, and more other random players be better than him? It might just be a hate on Toronto as a whole team. No one is rated higher than a 69 other than Barbosa. It disgusts me. Dirk is another player that got robbed. A 85? Really? For the Finals MVP? That's just wrong. He needs a 90 AT LEAST. Like, how can you give this guy anything less? He plays his heart out everyday and just about does everything for his team. Without him, the Mavericks wouldn't have even gotten past the Lakers with ease. 2k needs to wake up! Their ratings are horrible. AND, they didn't include the rookies because of the lockout. Such a disappointment for me. I've probably left out a lot of players and you may think that I'm overreacting but hey, its just my opinion. Feel free to bash, comment, agree, disagree.

Anywho, this is Julius and this is what you've found in your Sports Locker! Thanks for caring! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment