Monday 9 January 2012

Week 2 of the 2012 NFL Playoffs

As we all know by now, the NFL wild card round has concluded this past weekend. All the games gave us some exciting and stunning moments!

Denver's miraculous victory over the Steelers was certainly a surprise for everyone outside of all the Denver die hard fans. The game came down to overtime and left me in awe. A first play touchdown in OT was a great way to cap off a great performance overall. All I know is...TIM TEBOW IS FOR REAL! yeah, he's been putting out 4th quarter miracles throughout the year but the playoffs are a different story. All the criticisms that this man takes is uncalled for although he does lack the skills of a real QB....Just kidding! He has all the right tools to develop into a dynamic QB. He's unique and keeps the opposing defense guessing. The kid has talent and get's the job done. It's as simple as that.

My Texans beat out the Bengals too. It came to little to no surprise for me. I just thought Arian Foster would be too much for the Bengals to handle and I was right. Dalton seemed to have felt the pressure but I'll give him props for hanging in there. He displayed great poise throughout the regular season to earn some respect.

The Giants put a pounding on the Falcons over the weekend. I was surprised about the score but not surprised about the outcome. I picked the Giants to win and I expect them to keep rollin'.

The Saints are simply on fire and the Lions didn't put a good effort out there. It was a high scoring affair and that was no shock. 45-28 was the final score there.



THIS WEEK

Denver vs New England - Can Tebow continue his awesome play? In my opinion, yes he can. New England's defense is nothing to be scared of compared to the Steelers. Pittsburgh was a little banged up and that may have had a major part in their loss but Denver has to be credited too. Their defense played well and kept Big Ben in check the whole day. BUT, sadly...I don't expect Tebow's magic to continue this week. The Patriots offense is much more proven and talented than the Steelers offense. If Tim Tebow struggles early, the Broncos will not get a chance to come back because the deficit will be too big. Put your money on the Pats.

Baltimore vs Houston - I love this matchup! Arian Foster should put off a good performance but the Ravens powerhouse D is scary. With TJ Yates, the Ravens could blitz often and put pressure on the young man. Although the Texans are playing really well, I really think the Ravens will run away with this.(I hope not). Ray Rice should be the focal point like he is always and Flacco should be decent. Expect a very hard fought game. I'm taking the Ravens to win this game. It breaks my heart though. I'm a big Texans fan. I hope they win but it's a long shot.

Green Bay vs NYG - Another great matchup! I'm going to go out and predict that the Giants will WIN this football game. Why? They are red hot right now. Elisha, yes I said Elisha, is playing great! He's doing everything! And with the weapons that he can work with, I don't expect a let-down even against a good D. Aaron Rodgers is still Aaron Rodgers and he should be able to exploit the different matchups and take full advantage of mismatches. He always plays well and the Packers are the reigning Champs. I just feel a really big upset in this one! I'll take the Giants and ride the momentum train with them!

New Orleans vs SF - Drew Brees vs Alex Smith. At the beginning of the season, you wouldn't be able to put these guys in the same sentence but they have been playing really well for their teams. Smith has been playing decent and steady while Brees was breaking records. It isn't a great comparison by numbers but if you compare the way they lead their teams, it would be a pretty good argument. The 49ers D is probably more of the reason why they have made it this far but you gotta give credit to Alex! I do expect a hard fought game to be played here and this is another one that I will feel is an upset. Is the Saints beating San Fran an upset? That's weird to say isn't it? I'll take the Saints in this game even though I expect Gore and company to tear it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment